facilities at the hen’s dens
The Hen’s Dens are our timber tent camping / glamping pods carefully set in a quiet spot amongst our cob nut trees and adjoining an orchard of organic desert apples trees. The intention from the outset was to provide:
- camping without the need for a tent
- high quality spacious accommodation
- flexible stay which you are able to tailor to suit your needs and budget.
Each Den has its own private lockable bathroom / welfare room (as described below), complete with shower, toilet and wash basin plus welfare area. You have your bathroom for the duration of your stay. It is key locked, so you can leave all of your personal washing and cooking gear and possessions within it (no dragging to and fro).
Standard: What we provide as standard (but feel free to tailor your stay with extras below or feel free to get in touch):
- Parking for one car per Den.
- We have good 4G coverage (most of the time).
- Low level site lighting to find your way around plus a torch for going to the loo in the night.
- Outside tap and wetsuit rinsing barrel.
- Fire pit and barbeque area.
- Benches to sit out in the field and take in the view and sunset.
- Space to play in amongst the trees.
- We are happy for guests to bring one well-behaved dog and there are lots of walks on our doorstep. Please add your dog when booking.
- Each of the three Dens are basically the same offering a spacious and flexible space approximately 6m x 3m
- Insulated and heated with an electric oil filled radiator.
- Lighting and electric socket with USB charging point
- Six seater picnic bench
- Double glazed windows and doors with blinds or curtains.
- Your own secure ‘welfare’ room as below, yours exclusively for your stay.
- Toilet and wash basin
- 900x900mm Shower cubicle with thermostatic mixer shower
- Small kitchen / general area with storage cupboard with:
- Fridge with freezer box and ice tray
- Cleaning equipment
- Socket and space for food preparation
- Coat hanging hooks
- Your own washing up sink in a large cover area with bins etc.
- A shared washing machine (honesty box for contribution towards to running costs) with clothes airers and baskets.
All the above are included in your stay so you can have comfortable and straightforward stay, camping without needing to bring a tent, for those who are happy to bring their own sleeping bags and be self sufficient. If however, you simply want to rock up and stay, you can add the below ‘bolt on’ extras to make your stay easier and add the glamping feel.
All the above is included in your stay so you can have comfortable and straightforward stay but feel free to add any of the below extras to make your stay easier and more enjoyable. It is important to book these prior to your visit so we can have them ready for you.
Single Bed – £15.00
Single three-foot camping bed with six-inch mattress and mattress protector sheet. Please note that the pods have plenty of room for one double and two single beds but cannot fit anymore. Please note this is bed only (with a sheet) and you need to bring your own sleeping bag and pillow etc.. If this is an issue please feel free to contact us.
Double Bed – £25.00
Double four-foot six camping bed with six-inch mattress and mattress protector sheet. Please note that the pods have plenty of room for one double and two single beds but cannot fit anymore. Please note this is bed only (with a sheet) and you need to bring your own sleeping bag and pillow etc.. If this is an issue please feel free to contact us.
Roll Out Mattress – £10.00
Single self-inflating roll out mattress with protector sheet. Please note this is bed only and you need to bring your own sleeping bag and pillow etc.. If this is an issue please feel free to contact us.
Cooker – £20.00
Two ring gas camping stove with small grill and including gas bottle.
Utensil Pack – £10.00
Everything you should need to cook basic meals during your stay, including pans, chopping boards etc., as described in ‘facilities’. We have listed this separately for those who may wish to bring their own cooker or vice versa.
Cooking Pack – £10.00
Cooking pack contains hopefully everything you will need to eat your meals including cutlery, plates etc., all as described in ‘facilities’. We will Put out the right amount of everything for the number of people in your party.
Dog – £10.00
One well behaved dog per unit is welcome.
Farm Tour (Free) – £0.00
If you would like a look around our busy organic farm, meet the hens, collect a few eggs etc., during your stay please let us know and we will arrange with you when you arrive. Please note, we re a working farm with all the noise, dust, mud and risks associated so all visits must be accompanied.
Extra Car – £0.00
We have one parking space per pod with a little room for a couple extra cars, so please let us know if you want to bring an extra car
Read our blog and find out what we’ve been up to.