Our aim is to produce the best quality eggs from the happiest and healthiest hens.
Happy hens lay great eggs.
To ensure this is possible we implement the following standards:
- Maximum of 500 hens in a flock. The majority of alternative organic eggs come from 2000+ bird flocks and free range eggs from 6000+ bird houses.
- 100% organic corn based feed rations. The feed does not contain any additives or artificial colouring agents, so the colour of the egg yolks is natural and can vary at times.
- Longer or two laying years (very unusual) by allowing the hens to have a natural moult.
- Flocks moved onto fresh pasture range regularly and range management.
- High quality housing and husbandry.
- Straw and wood-chip bedded scratching areas.
- Locally reared and traditional breed pullets.
- Minimum of 10 hours sleeping time.
- External ranging shelters, toys, scratch feed and drinkers.
- Eggs are packed in our grading shed on our farm and delivered within one week of lay.
We hope you will agree that the proof is in the taste!